Digitech GSP1101

Tracy Perry

Staff member
Guitar Player
I just recently picked on up (used) for a decent price. It also came with the Control 2 remote foot controller. The downfall is that it's no longer supported by Digitech and the most current BETA software for it is only for Windows, and I use a Mac.

I'm now debating on taking it back and just holding off as it sounds OK through my current solid state amps, but both of them already do some shaping of the tones and you can't bypass it.
So, if I keep it, I really need to find yet another amp that has an FX loop to allow for a "4 cable" hookup to it. I'm not really that crazy about spending another grand or more on a nice tube setup. The only thing that kind of makes me want to keep this is that it does have the ability to record directly to a computer via USB or via MIDI. Again, it will have to be a Windows machine, meaning I have to get another computer also or use my Surface Book. I'm not at the point I'm good enough to be recording MP3's for distribution and really have to wonder if I'm at the point I even need anything like this at all.

zappaDPJ

Staff member
I don't know anything about that unit but unless you are intending to start playing live anytime soon I probably wouldn't worry too much about going down the 4 cable route. I'll admit to being a Luddite when it comes to modeling units but I do appreciate the I/O capabilities on that piece of kit and you probably should start recording as there's a lot to learn from it even at a basic level.