Epiphone Les Paul Prophecy - Phase 1

Steve

Staff member
Guitar Player
I'm looking for some hardware to use on my Epi LP to replace the gold, either black or preferably the smoke / onyx color hardware. I've had a quick search and it turns up a LOT but nothing seems of much quality, hoping someone has a better idea but nothing extremely costly! Wouldn't mind checking out a roller type bridge either.

Any ideas?

Tracy Perry

Staff member
Guitar Player
Browse StewMac... I'm sure you will find something there!
They have black humbucker PU's.
Honestly though I haven't seem much in the black/smoke for bridges that looked to be good quality that were not expensive.

Guitar Center has a Tune-o-matic bridge, but it's around $70. They also have the Tune-o-matic bridge & tailpiece for $132.50.

Found a bridge on Amazon for around $11, but it looks cheesy.

Reverb is also a good place to check out.

Last edited:

Steve

Staff member
Guitar Player
Yeah this is looking like it might be a bit costly. I’d be happy with the EX series hardware of the same guitar, Grover machine heads are nice.

Steve

Staff member
Guitar Player
Those are nice looking for sure though if I continue down this road I'll most likely try and get the same Grover tuners so the screw holes stay the same.

Tracy Perry

Staff member
Guitar Player
They may be the same size... frequently they will be.
You may also want to check out the Sperzels. Apparently they are also well thought of. I'm tempted to do similar on my Fenders. Once you get use to the locking tuners you can easily get spoiled.

zappaDPJ

Staff member
You should make sure you keep all the parts (including screws) you replace. It may not seem important now but it will usually add considerably to the value of any guitar if it's all original.