Line 6 Series amps

Steve

Staff member
Guitar Player
I picked up a Line 6 v30 a few weeks ago for my first amp and electric guitar. For the most part it (to me) sounds good for a starter amp with a load of presets and some nice apps for PC and other devices. Works well with my Fender T-Bucket 300CE too of course not on all presets because of the feedback.

Sort of wished I would have went for the v60 for the loop functions, that is really a nice feature.

Last edited:

Tracy Perry

Staff member
Guitar Player
Amps are something that you will find you accumulate more of.... right now I've got the Marshal MG30CFX since I really only need a "starters" amp. Got another Yamaha that I got for cheap that is great for using with the Strat for that typical sound type, but am really wanting to get into the tube's, even though the new solid state are almost (and in some cases are) as good for sound.

zappaDPJ

Staff member
I currently use a pair of Laney Lionheart L5 Studio stacks at home and in the studio. Apart from being in love with the sound, it's an amp I can drive hard but still retain what little I have left of my hearing. They also have a huge range of I/O options you generally won't find on a valve amp. I like to use them for live gigs if I can but at only 5 Watts each they have to be fed through the PA and that's not always practical.

laney-lionheart-l5-studio-head-342036.jpg

If I can't use go through the PA then I use an 80s Music Man RP65 112 and an original 70s Marshall JCM800 Model 2210 and 1960A cab.

The reason for two amps is I split my signal, using both amps simultaneously which offers a huge range of tonal opportunities. It's hard to find anything that really demonstrates why anyone would want to do it but this video gives a hint of how it can add to your tone without increasing volume.