Meet Hoverguitar, the World's First "Invisible" Guitar and Bass Wall Mount

Guitar Exit

Inventor Roman Winkler has unveiled an interesting little gadget that's been making the rounds on the Internet over the last couple of days, the Hoverguitar. Marketed as the world's first "invisible" guitar and bass wall mount, the Hoverguitar is a guitar hanger that's only visible from a couple of rather extreme angles. In other words, if you use the Hoverguitar, it will look as if your guitar is floating.

The Hoverguitar features something called a 'Super Toaster,' which is mounted beneath bolt-on guitar neckplates and hooks onto ‘The Super Slug’, a wall-mounted hook.

According to the Hoverguitar's Kickstarter page, the 'Super Toaster' can be attached in three seconds, and allows the guitar to be mounted in several different orientations, from vertical to horizontal and a number of degrees in between.

At the moment, the system is only available for guitars and basses with Fender-style rectangular bolt-on neckplates. However, Hoverguitar claims that the necessary mod only takes five minutes, and is completely reversible.

The complete Hoverguitar system will be available in October, but you can preorder it now from Hoverguitar for €36, or €44 (~$51) for those in the United States.

For more info, check out Hoverguitar's Kickstarter for yourself.

Continue reading...

zappaDPJ

Staff member
I've found the words. This is on a par with surgically altering humans so that you could hang them on a wall and dispense with chairs. Kickstart that o_O

zappaDPJ

Staff member
String tension creates about 100lbs of pressure on an electric guitar and your four wood screws are no longer fully engaged in the neck pocket holes which are probably now stripped.

I hope this fails before people start destroying their guitars and it appears it will. So far only £327 raised from 10 idiots family and friends out of £43,514 needed with 38 days to go.

Paul

"wood screws are no longer fully engaged in the neck pocket holes which are probably now stripped."
You're wrong on this point. It's written compensated screw lengths on the project. That means that you keep your mechanical properties.
100lbs for the strings...the screws can support very easily 8lbs more for the instrument weight... I don't think this is a bad idea.
You imagine 4 screws in steel and in raw wood ? You have a big safety margin...

zappaDPJ

Staff member
You're wrong on this point. It's written compensated screw lengths on the project.
I certainly didn't see that, in fact I can't find reference to it but regardless, you are still re-cutting wood which is not the best idea in the world.

I still think this is a dreadful idea and it's not going down too well on other sites I've visited. Fair enough if you just want a wall ornament but to use it on working instrument is not something I would ever contemplate plus I dread to think what that additional lump could do to your soft underparts :eek:

Anyway each to their own! Welcome to the forum :)

Tracy Perry

Staff member
Guitar Player
The other issue i have is now you have a slab of metal sliding in/out of that location. You will get wear/tear on the exposed wood where it slides as it like it's simply a cutout for a slide in to fit.

zappaDPJ

Staff member
Unsurprisingly this project didn't get any further backers and has now been cancelled. Reading back I was a little harsh but I still maintain this is not something you would want to do to anything other than a very low cost instrument.