Selling: Epiphone Prophecy GX Les Paul

zappaDPJ

Staff member
I look at Reverb a lot but don't recall making any successful bids. I've never tried to sell so I'll be interested to hear how it you get on.

Tracy Perry

Staff member
Guitar Player
I'm thinking of listing a few of my guitars there. Want to try and sell locally first and then if that doesn't work then go the Reverb route. A few friends I have (I have more than a few, but only a few that play guitar :p) have had good luck with them. With the economy rebounding it start looking up, but with the big box stores having problems they are pushing guitars out at rock bottom prices with 0% financing.

Steve

Staff member
Guitar Player
Got an offer of $380 + $40 for shipping from Chicago Musical Exchange. Not sure I’ll take it but it’s something!

Steve

Staff member
Guitar Player
Got some offers for trades, a 2000 Mex Strat - also a PRS Custom 24 SE...The PRS is tempting me lol

zappaDPJ

Staff member
The Epiphone is probably a better guitar than the Strat and more collectable in the long term. The build quality of Mexican made Fenders from that era was highly variable and the pickups sounded dire. The PRS on the other hand is likely to be built to a better standard and possibly worth a straight swap.

Steve

Staff member
Guitar Player
Yes through Reverb. Nice system they have going, you can basically create your own gear shop.

zappaDPJ

Staff member
That's good to know. I have a couple of guitars I've recently attempted to trade with a few retail outlets but the offers I've had from most of them have been derisory. I'll take a look at Reverb.

Steve

Staff member
Guitar Player
Yea, I also had an offer from Chicago Musical for $380 plus the shipping but chose to decline it.

Tracy Perry

Staff member
Guitar Player
Most of the retail shops are going to offer you - at max) about 40% of their used valuation. They want to make sure they get PLENTY of markup. They offered me $1500 on an OM-28 in new (and I really mean NEW) condition at Guitar Center.