Simple guitar stands

Steve

Staff member
Guitar Player
I picked one of these from Amazon a while back and have been happy with it for my acoustic. Do you guys prefer hanging or using stands? I guess they each have their uses, a stand for quickly setting your guitar down and a hanger for long time storage.

1508332515472.png

Tracy Perry

Staff member
Guitar Player
I prefer a hanging stand (floor base) right now. I've got to grab some nice hardwood and do a "wall unit" to mount wall hangers on. What's the point of having a lot of pretty wood if you can't show it off!

With our dogs, the one like you show I don't trust as there is no neck support and they are fairly easy to knock out of the stand.
At least with the hanging ones they have a fairly wide base.

Mick

Founding Member
I picked one of these from Amazon a while back and have been happy with it for my acoustic. Do you guys prefer hanging or using stands? I guess they each have their uses, a stand for quickly setting your guitar down and a hanger for long time storage.

View attachment 32
I use a similar and cheaper one to that, but in metal. Does the job, and guitar only goes on that while I'm messing around. Other than that it goes back in its case when not in use. Have thought about hanging the guitars on the wall for storage, but haven't really got anywhere suitable atm.

zappaDPJ

Staff member
I tend to use racks rather than stands. Failing that I have a room full of guitars in cases. I've seen too many good guitars get knocked off stands so I try and avoid them.

stand_2.jpg

Tracy Perry

Staff member
Guitar Player
I was looking at doing a unit that basically attached at a few points to the wall, but was framed in and had some shelving that I could put other equipment on.
But after doing some research I'm leaning more towards something like this

guitar_rack.png

Tracy Perry

Staff member
Guitar Player
What I like about it is that it is also mobile. So if I decide that I want to change out where I do my music related stuff it's simple to move. Not really worried about making it easy for someone to wheel out of the house as there is almost always someone here 24/7/365, and for those times that we aren't, we have a stealth dog that is large for her breed and has some VERY large teeth (and a wolf size head) and an attitude towards strangers more in line with a badger being disturbed.

I may get one of my neighbors involved that has more woodworking equipment than I do as he's been wanting to get back to his shop again since his medical issues (he's in his 80's).