Something this way comes

Tracy Perry

Staff member
Guitar Player
The BBT just drove up a few minutes ago... and upon opening the door found a nice big box waiting for me.

Upon opening the beauty of a new guitar was observed.

And now it is currently resting beside it's smaller cousin (00-17SE, on left) on a stand.

Once it's daylight I'll get some better photos.

Steve

Staff member
Guitar Player
Oh don’t forget to include some head stock shots in those pics :p

Tracy Perry

Staff member
Guitar Player
The more I play this thing, the more I like it. My OM-28 was my favorite acoustic, but the sound on this one is (to me) a more classic than the EIR on the OM-28.
Let a friend of ours husband play around with it... and he developed a serious case of puppy dog eyes when looking at his wife (childhood friend of my wife). He's had a stroke and we've been after him to get back to playing with his Ovation to gain some dexterity and confidence, but there seems to be a mental block when he uses it (remembers what he used to could do with it).... but when playing with the 000-18 that wasn't present. Now just need to convince his wife to get him one!

Tracy Perry

Staff member
Guitar Player
Oh don’t forget to include some head stock shots in those pics :p
Me, the guitars and the wife's Nikon D7200 are planning an outing to a local park or over to one of our friends classic old houses to do a photo shoot. ;)

Tracy Perry

Staff member
Guitar Player
The've just started running the Polar Express so planning on getting out by there and taking some with them around this if I can.
texas-state-railroad-rates_.jpg

Tracy Perry

Staff member
Guitar Player
Well, it was supposed to be a nice weekend and was planning on getting out with the wife and letting her get some practice in with her new Nikon... but circumstances continuously conspire.

Friday I have to take my wife to the funeral of a DPS trooper acquaintance of hers (was killed in line of duty recently) and then Saturday we have to go to a funeral for one of her old supervisors from Grapevine PD that recently passed from cancer.

So, I'm hoping that maybe Sunday will be nice and we can load the toys up in the vehicle and run them around and see if can't find some fitting backgrounds for photos.

Steve

Staff member
Guitar Player
Looks sweet man, the Ibenaz is really nice looking.

I edited your post to show the gallery view bbcode

Tracy Perry

Staff member
Guitar Player
Somebody needs to schedule an intervention for me... I'm having a GAS attack... and the current victim of my desires is a Larrivée OM-40 Legacy!
I'm really fond of the 'hog body guitars.

Tracy Perry

Staff member
Guitar Player
Lowden is a NICE guitar.
I certainly would not turn down a 12 fret - preferably in Cocobolo.

Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 7.04.54 AM.png

I just don't think the wife would let me get away with spending 1/2 of what is left owing on our house on a new guitar. :p

zappaDPJ

Staff member
They certainly don't come cheap and I can't really justify spending that amount of money on something I don't need even though it's my birthday this month :D