The benefit of a footrest

Tracy Perry

Staff member
Guitar Player
My son gifted me a footrest for Christmas. I didn't realize how much of a difference in the comfort it would make - especially with me just getting comfortable holding a guitar.
For some reason now I'm having less issues keeping time with my left foot (right supported by footrest) and the guitar holds at a more natural upright angle as compared to when I was using the bottom cross piece on the stool I use to sit on.

It wasn't real expensive (something around $10) but I'll get a lot of use out of it I can already tell.
They aren't real heavily made, and will probably break after extensive use, but at that price I'm thinking about ordering another one (or 3).

s-l300.jpg

Steve

Staff member
Guitar Player
Exactly the one I have, love it. Now though the wife got me a chair for Christmas that adjusts the height as well as the “ring” around the bottom you rest your feet on. Absolutely in love with it! Will see if I can grab a link for it.

Tracy Perry

Staff member
Guitar Player
The stool i have is a standard height guitar stool with 2 different height cross pieces, each on opposite sides. Problem was if I put my heel up on it I'd end up with a leg cramp. The footrest lets me sit with the leg at a more natural angle (and no cramps). :p

Steve

Staff member
Guitar Player
The stool i have is a standard height guitar stool with 2 different height cross pieces, each on opposite sides. Problem was if I put my heel up on it I'd end up with a leg cramp. The footrest lets me sit with the leg at a more natural angle (and no cramps). :p
Oh yeah the wife got me the one I linked as well as a Proline guitar stool, I chose the office stool.

Tracy Perry

Staff member
Guitar Player
This one here, just don’t put the arms. Really comfy :)
We've got one of those in the server room at the clinic.
I can honestly set longer on the wooden stool without the back end hurting than I can in it. Guess that means I have enough padding there now. :eek: