This doesn't seem right...

Tracy Perry

Staff member
Guitar Player
Nope.. got busy playing house duties with the wife and then had to fix a server issue from remote at the clinic that resulted in me having to actually go in there.
I'm back home today for a few minutes and about to have to head back out again. Seems like when it rains it pours with what some believe are important chores. :eek:

Tracy Perry

Staff member
Guitar Player
OK... didn't want to dig the Les Paul out from under the bed, but here is (in order of the recording)
Ephiphone ES-339 P90 Pro
Fender Strat (MiM)
Fender Telecaster (MiM)
Ibanez AVN10

View media item 52

Tracy Perry

Staff member
Guitar Player
I'll pull the LP out later tonight and hit it one string at a time and try recording it... I'm doing the recording into my iPhone so the quality isn't great.

Mike Edge

Are they D'Addario by chance? Had the same issue with my Epi Les Paul when I got it which came with D'Addario pre-strung. Tried some Ernie Ball Slinky's. The reguar 10 lime. No prob ever since

Steve

Staff member
Guitar Player
Though I can say there does need to be some adjustments. The high E string's pickup screw is noticeably higher than the others and from what I've read this shouldn't be the case. Just picked up some understring radius gauges and a action gauge so I can check it out.

Mike Edge

Try another brand :) it solved my problem Not sure if Ernie Ball fits your play style, but I love them! Everything but my Fender's use them