Upgraded internet, ends up cheaper than original price...

Steve

Staff member
Guitar Player
Had 300mbps down 20mbps upload for $104/month - new internet upgrade to 400mbps / 20mbps is $89 ;)

Still tweaking some things though. Qos being one, with it off I get much better results aside from the buffer bloat.

zappaDPJ

Staff member
Had 300mbps down 20mbps upload for $104/month - new internet upgrade to 400mbps / 20mbps is $89 ;)

Still tweaking some things though. Qos being one, with it off I get much better results aside from the buffer bloat.
That's about six times faster than the maximum residential download speed we can get in the UK but only half the upstream (most fibre packages are typically 80/20).

zappaDPJ

Staff member
So it appears I lost a line and we are not talking drugs :giggle:

The line of missing text asked was; is 10Mb/s on the upstream typical in the U.S.?

Steve

Staff member
Guitar Player
I'd say average is more around 5Mb/s and average upload in the 20Mb/s range.

Steve

Staff member
Guitar Player
Weird thing, your avatar was actually the attachment since your first reply the other day. I thought you had changed it, but viewing your user card showed your zappa avatar, then a refresh fixed the avatar in the messages too..hmm.

Tracy Perry

Staff member
Guitar Player
Fastest they offer locally is 200mbps/10mbps - and I was one of the first to get it when they came out with it.

Pretty much consistent but it did add a little to the monthly bill.
Honestly more than I need... but not more than I want! ;)

zappaDPJ

Staff member
The disparity between your up and down streams compared to the UK is interesting. Not that many people need a fast upstream I'm just curious.

Weird thing, your avatar was actually the attachment since your first reply the other day. I thought you had changed it, but viewing your user card showed your zappa avatar, then a refresh fixed the avatar in the messages too..hmm.
Something is visually different here today but I can't quite work out what.