What effects pedals do you own and use?

Mick

Founding Member
Just wondering what effects pedals you currently own. As guitar playing is just a hobby for me, I currently only have a couple of multi effects, those being a Boss ME-25 and a Zoom G5. Both of these cater for what I need quite nicely.

So what do you have?

Steve

Staff member
Guitar Player
I haven't ventured into the pedal market yet mostly because I'm so new to playing I don't see a need. Someday though :D

zappaDPJ

Staff member
I use very few effects but I do use a fair few pedals which sounds like a total contradiction.

My board is powered by 2* Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 PLUS and the chain starts with a Morley ABC Selector Box

Rather than try and explain what happens after the selector box which gives me three signal chains I'll just list the pedals I use.

Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner
Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone which for reasons I can't fathom they no longer manufacture.
2* DOD FX-17 Wah/Volume which I'd guess are now over 25 years old and I've not found another pedal that comes close.
Analogman modified Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9
TC Electronic SCF Stereo Chorus and Flanger
2* Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
2* Hotone Xtomp This is a very recent edition, a pair of modeling pedals, something I've always avoided. However I've done A/B comparisons against real pedals and they are close enough that I'm happy to use them on the odd occasion I need an effect I don't have. The effects are stored, download and controlled from any smart device e.g. my iPhone.

At this point the three signal chains have become four which are routed into a custom made control box that mixes all four channels down to two which in turn are sent to my two amp/speaker stacks.

While that might sound a bit complicated (the wiring for it certainly was) it's actually very simple to use because 95%+ of any pedal switching is done on the Morley ABC.

Last edited:

Mick

Founding Member
Steve, I can understand that, I found myself fiddling with the pedals more than practicing the guitar playing. That's the trouble with these multi effects they have so any settings to experiment with. Keeping it simple is a good idea.

Steve

Staff member
Guitar Player
Steve, I can understand that, I found myself fiddling with the pedals more than practicing the guitar playing. That's the trouble with these multi effects they have so any settings to experiment with. Keeping it simple is a good idea.
Exactly how I feel about this Line 6 amp I purchased, just far to much to mess around with. Should of stuck with a simple combo amp and been done with it..lol

zappaDPJ

Staff member
When I die my epitaph will probably be 'less is more' and I know that applies to guitar effects.

You can learn a lot by stripping it all the way back to just a guitar and amp. This video should be mandatory viewing for all budding guitarists. If you have a few minutes spare, watch it. It'll be time well spent I promise you :)

Mick

Founding Member
Exactly how I feel about this Line 6 amp I purchased, just far to much to mess around with. Should of stuck with a simple combo amp and been done with it..lol
My Fender Mustang is a bit like that, I think I've played with the presets more than I've actually played the guitar through it. I've settled for a couple of tones I like now.

When I die my epitaph will probably be 'less is more' and I know that applies to guitar effects.

You can learn a lot by stripping it all the way back to just a guitar and amp. This video should be mandatory viewing for all budding guitarists. If you have a few minutes spare, watch it. It'll be time well spent I promise you :)

Interesting video, might steal that one for my site. Amazing the different tones that can be pulled out of a single pickup.

Tracy Perry

Staff member
Guitar Player
Acoustic? Nothing but pure amp if I'm plugged in. Once I get the K&K Pure Mini's mounted in the OM-28 and the 000-18 I'll run through a pre-amp then to the amp most likely. The 00-17SE uses it's built in electronics to interface with the amp.
The electrics? Right now they run through a DigiTech GSP1100 with the Control 2 remote foot pedal. Was going to get a good tube amp to use with it in the FX loop, but right now for my level of playing the SS amps are fine.

zappaDPJ

Staff member
My pedal board is about to get a big upgrade, a complete revamp in fact with the addition of a custom made, Analogman King of Tone. The waiting list for these pedals has got somewhat out of hand, I ordered one two years ago and it's only just been shipped. I've used earlier versions in the past which unfortunately got stolen so I know what to expect.

I first became aware of the KoT through Jim Weider. We use an almost identical setup but his inclusion of the KoT pedal really made me sit up and take notice.